SIT Reduces Footprint & Improves Efficiency with New Design for Refinery HPU.
When a customer was looking for a new solution to control their coke drum unheading system, Supreme Integrated Technology, Inc. stepped up to the challenge. The goals of the project were to:
- Reduce footprint of the skid
- Enhance safety of operation
- Improve efficiency of system
The unit was designed and built to customer specifications, providing an external power supply to the skid to allow top drum unheading without operators positioned on the cutting deck. This safety consideration protects operators from potential coke drum eruptions and top head blow-outs.
- 11 Station Panel Mounted PVG Valve
- Integrated Safety Control – Master Operation Lever (Dead Man Switch)
- 4 Pressure Gauges
- Custom Manifold
- Integrated solenoid valves
- Control Enclosure (Junction Box)
- 2 Circuits: hydraulic circuit & isolate pneumatic circuit (nitrogen)
SIT improved the design by using an integrated manifold instead of individual valves to allow for minimizing tubing and leak points as well as reducing cost. Engineers started with a consultation of the existing schematic, followed by assistance with drawings and BOM for a new design. They provided important on-time delivery and factory accepted testing (FAT) that could be witnessed by the customer remotely or on location at SIT’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Houston.